The multifunction printer has become a staple in modern offices around the world due to its flexibility and ability to shoulder a heavy workload. There are as machine multifunction printers on the market today as there are businesses, and there's certainly one that's perfectly suited for your company's unique needs.
Choosing a Multifunction Printer
If you're in the market for one of these multi-use machines, keep these factors in mind.
- Paper size: Consider what kind of printing you already do. Will you need only the standard 8.5x11" paper, or will you also need legal paper and poster-sized printing?
- Connectivity: Modern printers aren't only standalone devices but also a part of your network. Make sure that you're choosing a device that's compatible with your current infrastructure.
- Print quality: It can be tempting to select a low-quality machine to save a buck in the initial cost, but it won't pay out over time. Choose a device that will last and do quality work.
- Memory: A printer that has more memory is one that will process information faster and work more efficiently. Consider a printer with more memory if you're using it for high volumes.
- Total cost of ownership: It may seem like the cost of your printer is only what's on the price tag, but in reality, your printer's cost is best calculated using the total cost of ownership (TCO). TCO combines price-per-page, ink replacement costs, and more to determine what you'll pay over time. Some printers may have a low initial cost and a high TCO—you're much better off with a high initial price and low TCO.
- Mobile printing compatibility: Everyone's carrying around a smartphone for work these days, and your printer should be in on the fun. Choose a printer that will make it easy for employees to print from smartphones and tablets.
For personalized assistance in finding the right multifunction printer for your company, contact us today.