With the rapid rise of work-from-home employees, the well-stocked home office is becoming more of a business imperative than an option. Choosing the right office equipment and supplies from the beginning can make a smooth transition from the workplace to the home office.
Finding the Right Office Equipment for Your Needs
Department store office equipment and supplies are easy to find, and their often low price-point make them a tempting option. While price places a role in the decision-making process, it's not the only consideration.
1. Consider the Total Cost of Ownership
It's critical to research beyond initial sticker price for your office equipment selections. Many consumer-grade printers, for example, are notorious for using expensive ink cartridges at alarmingly rapid rates. The cost of keeping these devices stocked with ink may quickly outstrip the value of the printer. It's better to consult a professional office equipment provider and choose a device with a TCO your budget can handle.
2. Consider the Primary Function
The right office equipment is still the wrong office equipment if it doesn't meet your needs. Make a list of the primary uses for each of the devices you think you'll need.
- Do you need to print color images and photographs? Look for a printer that delivers professional quality color images at a budget-friendly price.
- A black-and-white laser printer is the perfect choice for plain-text document printing.
- A multifunction copier is a good choice for paperless workflow needs. With print, copy, scan, and fax capabilities in one device, you'll save time, space, and money.
- Look for a printer with the right speed and paper tray capacity to match your expected print volumes.
For help choosing the right office equipment for your home-based office, contact us at Elite Technology today.